Someone in Jail? Nuisance complaint? Reserve a park shelter? That and many more questions answered below.

Frequently asked questions:question-mark

1. How do I post bond/visit/ leave money for someone/or find out if someone is in the Ross Co. Jail?

The Chillicothe Police Department contracts with the Ross County Sheriff’s Department for the housing of adult prisoners. Questions about bond, visiting hours and all other pertinent questions dealing with adult prisoners should be forwarded to the Sheriff’s Office at 740-773-1187, or by going to the 24 hour bail bonding door.

All Juveniles are housed at the Juvenile Detention Center.

2. How can I get a copy of a police report and photographs?

Our records department is open Mon-Fri. 8AM to 4PM, and is closed on major holidays. A fee may be required for copies. Please contact the records department during business hours at 740-773-1195.

3. Where do I pay a fine or find out the status of a court case?

This depends on whether the case was heard in Common Pleas (felonies) or Municipal Court (misdemeanors & parking). (Common Pleas)

4. Do I have a warrant?

The Chillicothe Police Dept. does not give warrant information over the phone. A status of a warrant may be found on the appropriate court website. If you think you have a warrant, you need to come to the Law Complex and speak to an officer or deputy. If you know the whereabouts of someone with a warrant, you may call the department and provide the dispatcher with the person’s full name and exact address where they can be found.

5. Who do I call to file a nuisance complaint?

Who do I call to file a nuisance complaint?

The Nuisance Officer enforces property code violations, and is currently being filled by Ofc. R. Pratt. These violations include trash/garbage, junk, tall weeds and grass as well as unlicensed Read more »

WordPress Themes

Get Adobe Flash player